Responsibilities of Public Works
The Public Works Department is entrusted to provide, manage, and maintain the infrastructure and facilities owned by the Village of Round Lake Beach. The employees of the Public Works Department are committed to protecting the health, safety and general well-being of all Village residents by delivering outstanding public services and quality public infrastructure in a reliable, and efficient responsible manner.
Public Works News
Snow and Ice Control
During a snow or ice event everyone is tasked with making our streets reasonably safe for residents. This responsibility includes providing snow and ice removal for the Village’s 80 centerline miles of streets, 92 cul-de-sacs, and Village owned parking lots. There are several ways you can help keep the Village safe during the winter:
- NO PARKING on any street within the village limits at any time after snow begins to fall and for a period of eight hours after snow stops falling when the snow on the streets exceeds two inches in depth, or until snow removal operations are completed.
- When you are driving in snow and icy conditions, you will be sharing the road with snow plows. The two most important things to remember:
- Slow Down
- Stay Back, Don't Crowd the Plow
- Please DO NOT throw snow from your property into the streets since this can create a hazardous condition.
- Shovel snow before it turns to ice to limit the need for deicing chemicals like rock salt.
- Use salt substitutes that are less harmful including Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) and Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA).
- For additional information with Snow and Ice Control please visit our website at http://www.villageofroundlakebeach.com/339/Snow-and-Ice-Control