COVID 19 Updates
Temporary Outdoor Dining Permits
Businesses eligible to apply for a Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit include restaurants and bars already established in the Village that are in good standing. Businesses whose primary function is video gaming are not eligible to apply. Only bars and restaurants with an existing Liquor License in the Village may serve alcohol in an outdoor seating area.
This is a 30-day temporary permit. Renewals may be considered in light of the evolving guidance from the CDC and the Illinois Governor’s Office surrounding COVID-19.
Our staff is committed to working with all interested business owners to expedite permit applications as quickly as possible. The Village is waiving all costs associated with the permit application, plan reviews and inspections.
ECONOMIC & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
IMPACT OF COVID-19
The Village of Round Lake Beach has implemented the following measures for both commercial and residential buildings. Policies related to COVID-19 will be continually evaluated based on new information as it becomes available. Please call the Village at 847/546-2351 if you have questions.
1. Permits and inspections that address critical life safety issues needed to make a building inhabitable will proceed as usual. Examples includes repairs needed due to a fire or damaged sewer line.
2. Permits that have been approved and issued prior to March 13 will continue to proceed as usual. Property owners making interior improvements may request a permit extension or postponement of inspections.
3. Permits may be submitted for review and discussion at any time. Permits that require interior inspections will not be issued until further notice. Permits that require exterior inspections only may be approved during this interim period at the discretion of the Village.
4. Occupancy Permits and OP inspections will continue to be required prior to property transfer.
5. Barring emergencies, all interior inspections will be postponed. This impacts inspections related to the Residential Rental Certification Program, Business License Program, Vacant Property Registry and general property maintenance.
6. The Village will adhere to all State of Illinois mandates. As such, all bars, video-gaming cafes and dine-in restaurants will be closed. Restaurants may continue to offer drive-thru, curbside and delivery services in accordance with State law.
7. The permit window will be closed. Inspectors will be available by phone and email.