- Public Works
- Streets & Drainage
- Stormwater Management
The Storm Water Management Program (SWMP) was developed by the Village of Round Lake Beach with the purpose to provide for the health, safety and general welfare of the residents of Round Lake Beach through regulation of non-storm water discharge to the storm drainage system as required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency(USEPA) under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System(NPDES).
Federal regulations through the USEPA require that all Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4)'s partially or fully in urbanized areas based on the 2000 census obtain storm water permits for their discharges into receiving waters.
Educational Material on Best Practices
Construction & Industrial Sites
- Rain Garden Brochure The Conservation Foundation
- Ran Garden Manual for Homeowners
- RLB Do You Know Where The Water in Your Storm Drain Goes
- RLB Four Seasons of Water Quality Protection
- RLB How to Safely Dispose of Chlorinated Water
- RLB IDDE Citizens Guide to Monitoring Storm Water
- Shoreline Landscaping
- USEPA The Economic Benefits of Green Infrastructure